Friday, August 18, 2023

Earthquake

 What is a Japan trip without an earthquake.  I was dead asleep.  Or at least trying, and I realized I’m being rocked.  So I opened my eyes and I’m not dreaming, the building is swaying, Kenny’s dead asleep.  It 3:33 am.  And just like that it stops. It was long enough for me to think, “should I get up or wake Kenny.  What if it gets worse.  This is kind of cool. Shit it’s longer and harder than the Hakone earthquake we felt 14 years ago.”  And then nothing. So kinda short too.  


The only thing worrying me was a tsunami (remember we are hugging the coast line for the rest of our trip but it seems like there’s no risk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last day and thoughts.

 We packed really quick and had breakfast before heading out   I wish we planned for 5 hours at Haneda   Not 3  so if you go  plan for more ...