Monday, August 21, 2023

Nikka Whiskey in Yoichi

 I didn't make a reservation for the factory.  I didn't think I needed it I guess and boy were we lucky.  That tour seemed forever.  Instead, we had access to the museum. I think I got a little weepy at points.  Great story.  


Let me tell you a story about a man named Masataka.  He was all about making whiskey the right way so eventually, he made his way to Scotland, with some layovers in California and New York.    







He was super lonely at first.  But he pressed on.  It was here that he met Rita.  She was the daughter of the owner of the place he was staying at. She fell in love with him too.   Love at first sight he called it.  Their families did not want them married, but they did.  Rita did her best to adjust to Japanese life.  


Because he had to wait 5 years for the whiskey to come to life, he made apple juice in the mean time.  but as you see, he was almost arrested for it.  





Only Kenny did a tasting, I have not yet become a big fan of whiskey.  Maybe one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last day and thoughts.

 We packed really quick and had breakfast before heading out   I wish we planned for 5 hours at Haneda   Not 3  so if you go  plan for more ...